Details of next few walks as available
Red icon indicates parking
Nov 23rd Pontsticill with John Davies
1. Drive along the A465 (Heads of the Valley road) towards Merthyr Tydfil to reach the Cefn Coed roundabout (Grid ref. 027 077, map no. Explorer OL12).
2. Go straight on here and, after about 400 yds, take the first LEFT before reaching the overhead bridge.
3. Follow this road around to reach a road junction with the A4054, with a chapel on the corner.
4. Turn RIGHT here, and then immediately LEFT, and follow this road through Trefechan and onwards to Pontsticill.
5. Drive through Pontsticill village to reach a brown direction sign for “Mountain Railway”. Turn RIGHT here, and follow the road over the dam to the parking area near the Mountain Railway Station.
Alternatively, we can congregate at the canal side car park in Resolfen and travel on from here in convoy. I will be leaving this car park at 9.30am.
The walk is 8.5 miles in length and is a Grade B. I am hoping to start walking at 10.30 am.
Nov 27th See details below
Please note: there are two walks scheduled but the arrangements for each walk are the same, the only difference being the length and grade of each walk.
All walkers should meet at Pontarddulais Railway Station in time to catch the 9.20 am train to Bynea.
Please remember to bring your Bus Pass so that you can benefit from ‘free travel’.
There is a car park at the station (Post Code: SA4 8TJ). If the car park is full, however, the owner of the Black Horse public house on the roundabout near the station will allow parking at the top end of their car park.
The two walks being offered are as follows:
WALK 1: Bynea to Pontarddulais : Grade C, 6 miles This walk is being led by Huw and Adrienne.
WALK 2: Bynea to Pontarddulais: Grade C+, 8 miles This walk is being led by Keith Williams.
Post walk refreshments will be at the Black Horse, Pontarddulais.