The gradings are intended as a rough guide to the level of difficulty of each walk. If you have any doubts about the suitability of any walk, please contact the walk leader for further information.
- A. Strenuous walks, mostly mountains with some scrambling, stream crossing and bog
hopping, recommended for experienced walkers only
- B. Fairly strenuous. For the reasonably fit. Usually includes high-level hill walking.
- C. Moderate walking on hills and moorland and coastal paths. Some ups and downs
- D. Easy, quiet country roads, footpaths and lanes. Suitable for everybody
- E. Short, flat walks at a leisurely pace. Suitable for all the family
A Walk Check List
- A comfortable pair of boots or sturdy shoes is essential
- Dress according to the weather
- Always carry a waterproof, a light snack and a drink
- For a morning start, bring a packed lunch
- Don’t forget a pair of clean shoes for the return journey